NASSAU, Bahamas, Aug. 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — As section of The Bahamas’ continued attempts to supply a harmless and healthful island working experience for everyone to delight in, new testing requirements have been announced for people applying for a Bahamas Journey Well being Visa to enter The Bahamas or journey inter-island in The Bahamas.
Effective Friday, August 6, 2021, the subsequent protocols will consider impact:
Moving into The Bahamas from Other International locations:
- All totally vaccinated travellers, as effectively as little ones ages 2-11, will be demanded to acquire a detrimental COVID-19 check (either a swift antigen check or PCR test) taken no extra than five (5) days prior to the day of arrival to The Bahamas.
- Unvaccinated travellers ages 12 and more mature need to still receive a detrimental COVID-19 PCR check taken no a lot more than 5 times prior to the date of arrival.
- All children underneath the age of 2 are exempt from any screening necessities.
Travelling Inter-Island within just The Bahamas from the subsequent islands: Nassau & Paradise Island, Grand Bahama, Bimini, Exuma, Abaco and North and South Eleuthera, such as Harbour Island:
- All totally vaccinated people, as properly as small children ages 2-11, wishing to travel inside of The Bahamas will be necessary to get a destructive COVID-19 check (either a swift antigen test or PCR examination), taken no a lot more than 5 (5) times prior to the day of travel.
- Unvaccinated folks ages 12 and older must still get a detrimental COVID-19 PCR exam taken no more than 5 days prior to the date of vacation.
- All young children under the age of 2 are exempt from any testing requirements.
- Visitors on cruises that originate in and return to The Bahamas need to continue to utilize for a Bahamas Journey Wellbeing Visa and observe the new testing demands for vaccinated and unvaccinated men and women.
- Vaccinated folks will have to provide a damaging PCR test OR swift antigen take a look at taken no extra than five (5) days prior to the day of arrival to The Bahamas.
- Unvaccinated persons are required to acquire a adverse PCR take a look at taken no more than 5 (5) days prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.
- All travellers moving into The Bahamas on cruises that originate in the U.S. will be subjected to the tests demands mandated by the cruise line and approved by the Federal government of The Bahamas.
- Cruise traces may well have diverse requirements for vaccinated and unvaccinated visitors. Travellers must check with their cruise line for certain aspects pertaining to their cruise.
The new tests protocols are for all travellers implementing for a Bahamas Vacation Health Visa from Friday, August 6 and onward. These protocols will be waived for any individual with imminent travel who has already utilized for and received a Bahamas Vacation Health and fitness Visa.
For full specifics, you should stop by Bahamas.com/travelupdates.
Standard Supervisor, Worldwide Communications
Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation
Resource Bahamas Ministry of Tourism